Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas

We're back in our new house in Riverton (I use the term "new" because we only lived here 7 months before we left for St. George). There are boxes everywhere. I hear Thomas The Train on the t.v. in the other room, entertaining my child while I slowly unpack.

IT'S SNOWING OUTSIDE!!! F.M. 100 is already playing non-stop Christmas music...and the only boxes that are too heavy for me to move by myself actually contain Christmas decorations. SO in order to eliminate the problem (and to satiate my enormous appetite for all things Christmas).........it's with great pleasure that I announce: I'M PUTTING UP CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS TODAY!!

Haters need not comment! haha just kidding. But I SERIOUSLY LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME, and if people are allowed to put up Halloween decorations over a month before Halloween, why can't I put up my Christmas decorations now? I vowed to not put anything on the outside until Thanksgiving, but if I'm gonna put all the effort into putting decorations up inside the house, I better have enough time to enjoy them, gosh dang-it! :)

5 comments:

April Leydsman Mason said...

SNOW - YUCK. I like Christmas too. Have at the decorating and enjoy it while you can. I can't wait to see pictures. We won't be up until new years now because Christian's parents are going on a cruise for Christmas so we will have to get together for new years or something.

Kelly O. said...

Until Thanksgiving?!? Wow, that is really late for someone who loves Christmas! I'm glad you're giving in to decorating early... I'm about to too!

Anonymous said...

Amen sista!! I've already (as of yesterday) started listening to Christmas music!!

Becka

Jen said...

I hear ya. I love to enjoy the cute christmas decorations for as long as I can too. However, I get so annoyed at radio stations and stores that start Christmas earlier and earlier every year. No joke, there was christmas stuff out mid-August...it's ridiculous.

Hohmann Family said...

Ummm. . . I've been listening to Christmas music for two months now. I desperately wanted to decorate for Christmas, but all of our stuff is in storage and can't be rescued until Dec. 5th at the earliest. I'm bummed. But at least I'll get to bring it down.