Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My New Nine-to-Five

After a lot of discussions and prayers, Jeff and I decided that we really needed another income. I looked for a while for jobs online and applied at a ton of retail places, then last Thursday my friend of 7 years (Maria) offered me a job as their nanny!! It's so perfect because I can bring Mason, it gets me out of our house, and allows Mason to have a lot of interaction with other kids.

So I work Monday-Friday from 9-4 on all days but Wednesday (I only work till noon on Wed.). Maria and Rob have 3 kids - Danica (5 yrs old), Tyler (2 yrs old) and Bailey (2 months old).

Mason's struggling right now with Mommy's attention being elsewhere and not all on him, and he's having a hard time learning to fend for himself with another toddler boy who's not used to having to share his toys with another little guy...and Mason's learning how to share too. It's pretty crazy at times, but I really love it. It's the ideal situation for us, and I'm so grateful that I'm able to still be with Mason AND be home in the evenings with Jeff instead of being off at some restaurant waiting tables like I was planning.

Wish me luck!!

8 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

That's wonderful! You'll do great!

Robison Family said...

Love your blog! It was so fun seeing you last night!

The Tate Family said...

I'm so glad everything worked out! Sounds like the perfect opportunity.

Jen said...

if you hear of any other jobs like that, let me know!!

* tilila and karter * said...

that sounds so nice! especially Mason getting to interact with other children.. hope all is well :)

April Leydsman Mason said...

That's awesome. I need to find something like that around here. If I were only as lucky as you. Good Luck.

Judd said...

I am glad that worked out! I am not looking forward to leaving Mya to go back to work- it sucks big time.

Judd said...

this is Candace by the way :) not Judd