Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'll be lovin you forever

Last Saturday night was the best night of my life!!! Seriously, it was amazing! Keep reading - this post is sure to make you laugh your butt off at me, but I DON'T CARE! Laugh if you will. :)

When I was 10 years old, my parents and grandpa took me and my uncle Todd (he's the same age as me) to the New Kids on The Block concert in Columbia, South Carolina (where I lived at the time). I was beyond obsessed with NKOTB back then. I had the pajamas, pillow case, Joey "barbie" doll, trading cards, novels, t-shirts, buttons, pins, earrings, tapes, and my walls were COVERED in posters.

One of my best friends in S.C. was Amber Banco - we were both totally obsessed with the NKOTB, and when we heard that they were getting back together and going on tour this year WE FREAKED OUT. She purchased a plane ticket to fly out here to Utah to go with me. The concert was this past Saturday (November 15th), and man was it worth every penny!!

We had a great group of girls - me, Amber B. (from S.C.), Amber Fujikawa (bff), Tawny (friend from my mission), Loren (we're friends and were roommates once upon a time), and Becka (long-time friend). A few of us got together earlier in the evening and made t-shirts, then we all met up for dinner at Chili's. There was a group of guys there (we're still trying to decide if they were straight or not) who were going to the concert without girls, and they knew all the songs, AND they even did one of the dances for us. It was hilarious, and they actually ended up sitting by us at the concert too. Straight entertainment. It was golden!

The concert was UH-MAY-ZING!!!!! Everything we expected it to be and more. It started with the words up on 3 huge screens that said, "15 years ago, they walked away...but now they're back" Then they came up through a platform on the stage and the place erupted into girly screams, just like I remember when I was 10. They sang a lot of their old songs and several newer ones too, and there we were singing along with them all! I screamed like I was a little girl, and was totally hoarse by the time I went to bed.

As hard as it may be to believe, they sang and danced like they haven't aged at all in 15 years. They looked hotter than ever, and Joey is still my heart-throb. I will cherish the memories forever that we created together on Saturday night. It was such a great feeling to be with friends, enjoying something that was such a huge part of all our childhoods.

I LOVE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK - "I'll be lovin you forever"

1 comment:

April Leydsman Mason said...

My friend Bree saw them in Arizona and said it was one of the best concerts she has EVER been to. You crack me up. I used to be so in love with Jordan. Oooo-la-la. I'm really jealous. Oh and by the way I need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog.