Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Park City

It's been since Mason was a few weeks old that Jeff and I have been away together without the little munchkin, so I'm sooooooo uber-excited for the trip we're taking next weekend!! It's not really a "trip", but it's getting away, so that's good enough for me!!

My friend Rosie set us up for this timeshare presentation deal in Park City, and we get 2 nights free for sitting through a 90-minute schpeal. Not bad, especially since Jeff's so good at telling those guys "no, no, NO!". So we are heading up next Thursday and coming back Sunday. We listen to the timeshare presentation Thursday evening, then get to stay that night and Friday night for free. Since we were planning on this trip, we're gonna spend some money and stay Saturday night too. I'm SO grateful Kathy volunteered to keep Mason for us!! I'm not sure she's totally aware of what she's gotten herself into though...she may need a vacation when we get back!!

So, now I need ideas. We're heading up 4 days after they close all the fun "summer events" like the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster...anyone familiar with Park City and have some suggestions? We want to do some mountain biking and hiking (if it doesn't snow up there this weekend, which I'm afraid it might). If it does snow, I could learn to snow shoe. Anyway, I'd love some suggestions!!! Places to eat, museums, plays/musicals to see, whatever.

I'm not sure how we're ever going to keep ourselves entertained when we go out to dinner...without Mason there to throw food, break glasses, and scream. Have I mentioned that I'm pretty excited for this break?!

1 comment:

Kelly O. said...

Are you going to do the presentation at Westgate? If so, you are gonna LOVE the rooms!! We used our two free nights on our honeymoon and COULD NOT leave the room (of course, it WAS our honeymoon and we don't have cable, a steam shower, or a spa sized bathtub!!). We also got a $100 credit to use at the resort and we had an amazing couple's massage! Have so much fun! I'm jealous! P.S. Park City just got a J. Crew outlet!