Friday, October 10, 2008

Fun, Friends & Becky's Humor

I had such a fun night last night! I was down in Lindon for a women's group thing that I attend every week, and since I down that way, I decided to go by Nicole's (my cousin/friend) to see her and Ben's new house in Lehi. Sooooo pretty, and Nicole's decorated it so beautifully (of course). Our friend Becky was over too, and we all had so much fun laughing and reminiscing on old times. But to explain the title real quick like...Becky says the most hilarious things sometimes, and last night she said some things that even had Nicole's hubby Ben squirming in his seat. We were dying and I really can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

It's pretty crazy to think that we've all been friends for almost ten years (lots more girls are included in this group)!! We were talking last night about some of the fun times from years ago, and we couldn't help but die laughing. Back in the day, our crew consisted of me, Becky, Nicole, Rosie, Joy, Becka, Natalie, Kaycee, Melea, Maria, Crystal...and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone or some-two.

So once upon a time there was our "condo situation" in Orem - it was me, Nicole, Becky, Laurel and Carly. We were all a tad bit crazy, but it all got crazier when we all started dating a group of friends (one of whom Nicole married - Ben). Becky reminded me last night about the morning when Laurel woke up and told her that she had a - I'll use the term "lesbian dream" - about her. haha!! That's when Becky and Nicole decided it was time to move out. We also remembered a hilarious phase Carly went through where she wore crazy clothes and rolled around the condo in roller skates, imitating her favorite movie character at the time. Hahaha!!!! We won't mention the name/movie her ideas stemmed from.

We remembered the nights when they'd all come visit me on my grave shift at the American Fork Denny's - and when my then-boyfriend (and friend of Ben) showed up at Denny's ON MY SHIFT after a football game with a lot of his teammates...and some girl he was hooking up with. I had to serve the girl my boyfriend was cheating on me with. Sadly, that was just the first of many straws placed on that camel's back before it broke. I put up with a lot from that clown, but I learned a lot, and those days with my girlfriends were so much fun!!!

Last night we talked about how so many people we know never really get to experience the fun "college years" - have all the crazy fun times, and make the mistakes that come with the territory. I'm SO grateful that I did, and that I did it with such awesome friends. We made some incredible memories together - from the many parties at The Branbury, going dancing at Club Omni or up at Club Axis multiple nights a week, 4th of July parades camped out on University Ave, fireworks in the intramural fields ont he 4th of July, all the girls attacking the cake straight from the cake pan with forks on each one of our Birthdays, VEGAS TRIPS with everyone crammed in one tiny hotel room...oh my gosh, we had so much fun. Oh, and who could ever forget Natalie and Nicole in their leopard print pants walking bow-legged down The Strip in Vegas?!

I couldn't have asked for better friends. We've all had some rough patches, and I've made lots of mistakes - broken some cardinal rules of "girlfriendship" - but I'm so grateful for loving, forgiving girlfriends who have always been nothing but supportive. As we've always said, "supportive...like a bra...wrapped up all nice from Victoria's Secret".

I love my girlfriends!!

And tonight I get to go to the Kelly Clarkson/Reba McIntyre concert with my other BFF Amber...thank you for getting me a ticket, woman!!! I feel so blessed that I have such amazing friends. Not sure what I'd do without the support system/laugh factory/memory making.

2 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

After reading this reminiscing, I'm beginning to think that I was one of those "duds" in college. But, that's okay. I still had fun - just not into the wee hours of the morning on a regular basis. :) I'm lame. What can I say?

The King's said...

Hope you don't mind but I found out you had a blog and I added it to our list. We have one as well so feel free to add us as well.