Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Final Plans

After being so excited last week that we're leaving, it's finally hit me that I'm sad too. I've made some great friends here, and am a little bummed that we're leaving. I feel like such a mean person for having to take Mason away from his friends that he sees every day - I know that next week he's going to be asking me "ere bebba?" (Where's Becka) like he does every morning when we get home from the gym and leave to go to the park with Becka and Patrick (w/Rachel). These changes are fairly easy for me since I grew up moving around, but I'm a little worried about how Mason will react when we never come back to what he knows to be his home.

I'm not sure if most 18 month-olds are as attached to home as Mason is, but each time we pull up to the townhome, Mason starts to cheer "Yay, ome!!" (Yay, home!) He LOVES being here. When we go up to Jeff's parents' house in Sandy for a visit and come back home, he always gets so excited as soon as he can see the house. I'm just a little worried for him. Any pointers on how we can make this transition a little easier on him? Especially since we'll be living with Jeff's parents for a month until our renter is out of our house.

So, we actually have real moving plans. The credit union opened this past Monday, so Jeff's just taking care of some punch-list stuff (I say that as if I really know what the "punch list" involves...). We pack up the moving trailer on Friday, and then say our 'goodbye' to Saint George Saturday morning sometime around 11 probably.

Sunday was sad, by the way. Saying goodbye to our Primary kids that we've taught for almost a year was so hard, but it was also way cool because it was the Primary Program...so Jeff and I got to see the kids in our class participate in that. It was so adorable, and I cried my eyes out!! To see these sweet (usually) 7 year olds reciting their memorized parts and singing songs about Jesus was such a wonderful experience, and I can't think of a better way to remember these children who have been such a big part of our lives since we moved here (the kids we taught last year, and then the ones we have this year). I know that Jeff and I weren't the world's best teachers, but we're both so grateful for the time we had with Thomas, Janey, Hallie, Connor, Landon, Paden, Ashley, Ethan, Derek and Sage (I think I got them all!). We have learned so much from them, even though they're only 6 and 7 years old! We love you guys and we'll miss you!!

Also, I've had some personal struggles since being down here in St. George. So I'd really like to thank the girls who became my friends...even though I wasn't really emotionally available to be a great friend back. Thanks for your examples, smiles, compliments and smiles...always at the right time. Thanks for helping me out with Mason, for keeping me motivated to be a good wife and cook good dinners (rachel - your recipes), for listening, and for humoring me! I always kinda felt like I didn't have way close friends in Saint George, but now that I'm faced with moving, I realize that I've been blessed with wonderful friends, and I'm pretty sad about parting.

Now, once we move back into our house in Riverton, we won't have tons of space - it's only a 2 bedroom, but we've got a futon and a huge couch that comfortably sleeps 3, so if anyone wants to come visit, COME ON UP!! And don't you dare think for one second that you're getting rid of us, because I know we'll be needing to escape the cold winter weather for a visit down here.

Love you all!

3 comments:

Christi said...

Hi! You are moving to UT. I can finally meet your little guy. I love what you said about your primary class. We taught the same class in AZ ... and I totally cried about them when we left. There is one that I still talk too! I miss her! I hope we can see you when you are back up here!

Unknown said...

It was so great to meet you! Good luck with the move! I still remember your the first sunday we talked! I am glad you had a good time down here!

Carrie said...

hellllllllllloo?! I am going to assume I am one of "the girls" you refer to. :P