Friday, December 12, 2008

"Mamma!!!!!"

Mason's been cooped up inside all week cuz he's been so sick, and I didn't wanna get any other kids sick with his croup (the doctor said that any child within a 200-ft. radius can catch it if Mason coughs)....so this morning I took him to South Towne Mall right at 10:00 when the Santa booth opened. There wasn't a single person in line, so Mason didn't have contact with any kids (good for my peace of mind!). Even though I prepared him well by showing him pictures of Santa, reading him stories about Santa, and even practicing "ho, ho, ho!" with him, the second he saw Santa today he was TERRIFIED! Poor Saint Nick tried everything he could to soothe him, but he was so scared, and all he could do was cry "mamma!!!". So, they took the picture real fast and got him down. It's one for the books, that's for sure!

7 comments:

Bronwyn said...

What a great story to go along with the picture though! Cool outfit too....where'd you get it?

Globe Trotters said...

That is the best Santa picture ever- and it looks so old school to. Cute.

Sandy said...

What a sad little face! Thats too cute though and definitely memorable :)

Jen said...

cute! Look at his face!! I love it! Some times some of the best pictures are when they are crying! He's so cute!

April Leydsman Mason said...

CLASSIC!!!!! I love it.

Christi said...

I think it's hilarious that kids are afraid of Santa. My friend took her kids and her little guy saw him and said ... "Maybe next year, mom". That is so funny to me! Hope your holidays are well. Loved hearing about your spiritual experience above too. And what is with men hating Christmas songs? Not cool!

Hohmann Family said...

Hahaha!! I think Bekah would be fine with Santa this year, but something about 18 mo. to 2 yr-old is really difficult to be with strange males in particular. Patrick screams every time he sees his male nursery teacher . . . Hmmm.