Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm Back In School!

I guess I forgot to blog about this pretty big development in my life! Jeff and I would really like for me to be able to stay home and work in the future, so I signed up for an online Medical Transcription school (www.careerstep.com). It's a little expensive, but not when you consider that it only lasts a year and I can begin making around $40K when I'm done with school. It's a job that's in very high demand now since doctor's offices are trying to streamline everything now - and it's cheaper anyway for them to employ someone working from home (a contractor) than it is to have an actual in-office employee.

So I'm doing that schooling right now and Jeff's studying for the GMAT so he can go get his Masters in Business. We're gonna have a busy next year and a half while we both finish up our schooling...then once we both finish what we're currently enrolled in, I'm gonna go back to REAL school and finish the one year I have remaining to get my Bachelor's Degree. Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! Sounds like you'll be busy the next while. . .does Jeff want to continue doing construction, or does he want to go into business instead? Tony and I were both working/going to school full-time for the past 2 years. . .its hectic but well worth it! And it is fun to learn so much. . .what do you want to get your bachelors degree in? BTW, I love your pic' of the 3 of you on your blog. . .really cute. :)

Robison Family said...

Good for you!! It will definitely pay off when you are finished. What a cute picture of your cute family!

Hohmann Family said...

I had no idea that you hadn't finished your Bachelors. That will be a worthwhile feat to finish those two years of schooling. But I'm a little jealous of you being in a classroom setting and learning again. There are so many things I want to learn still!!