Monday, August 4, 2008

Crazy Little Jumpin' Jack

You know, Saint George is one of the most beautiful, scenic places I've ever lived, but I've just gotta keep it real. IT'S JUST WAY TOO HOT HERE!! I take Mason to the park most mornings before 9:00 and it's already at or near 90 degrees by the time we head back home. Needless to say, we don't spend much (if any) time outside from about 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in order to avoid the hottest part of the day.

Well, last week I was just so incredibly bored to tears!! I had seen enough of these walls, and I finally understood the feeling that the walls are closing in on you!! I'd read on a few of my friends' blogs down here in St. George about a place called Jumpin Jacks, so I looked them up online and found a buy one get one free coupon good for Tuesdays only. My bored-to-tears day just happened to be Tuesday, so I located some socks (we never wear them - it's too hot!!), packed up Mason, and off we went!

Oh my gosh, I just have to say first that I am POSITIVE that I had more fun than Mason did. I had a blast! And I got a great workout too! Most of the stairs were too far apart for Mason to climb them, so I got to climb them while carrying Mason up! Not sure if you've ever played on the huge blow-up toys, but the climbing up part is pretty good exercise!! Mason had a blast too though. Enjoy the picture college!! (if you want to see the pictures bigger, you just click on the collage and it pulls it up in a separate window.)

2 comments:

April said...

So fun..theres a place in pleasant grove called kangaroo zoo that is just like that and we love it. We have so fun too. They have a giant steep slide thats pretty fun. It is a workout though. luckily Ezekiel can climb most of them on his own.

Jen said...

fun! I guarantee I would have had more fun than my kids too! I love that kind of stuff - and yes, it is a very good work out too! I can't wait till you guys move back so we can go do things like this with our kids!