Monday, April 14, 2008

Friends!!!



As I mentioned in a previous blog, Mason has new friends! We had this awesome family move into the townhome directly across from ours - Rachel and Michael with kids Rebekah and Patrick. Now because I'm retarded about making new friends with strangers (it totally terrifies me for some reason), she had to approach me. Glad she did though!!

We walk together several days a week to take our kids to the park. It's so fun to actually have a friend here, and it's also awesome to see how well our little ones all get along! Mason interacts more with Rebekah right now (she's almost 3 *i think*), but I think that as soon as Patrick (almost 1) starts to walk, they'll all 3 play together a lot more.

So Rachel and Michael suggested that we do a "babysitting exchange" with them where we'd watch their kids on a Friday night and they'd keep Mason for us the next night so that we could actually go out to dinner and a movie and not have to worry about breaking the bank with a babysitter. We kept their kids this past Saturday, and it was so much fun! The three kiddos had a blast. I can't wait for our turn to go out! :)

4 comments:

April said...

YAY I am so glad you got a blog. It's so easy to keep people up to date with whats going on in your family. My blog is omalzagirl.blogspot.com.
It must be so nice to have friends to hang out with that have kids. I wish Mia would let other people watch herbut she just cries the whole time. Hopefully she will grow out of it!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Sheri,

Love the blog! I can not believe how grown up Mason is getting!! He was just a tiny baby last I saw him! He is darling and so smart! I'm glad you are enjoying St. George. We'd love to get together with you guys when you move back.. if you ever do! We'd also do the date night trae with you guys anytime! We never get out!

Candace said...

That is awesome! Judd and I have only casually met two of our neighbors but it seems to be that everyone is so busy to get together. I am so glad you have people to hangout with now!

sexychoco said...

I love reading about your little Mason and all your adventures together. Hope all is well!