Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My New Favorite Primary Song!!

When we moved back here from St. George, I was given the calling at church to teach the 3 year-olds (a.k.a. Sunbeams). Being with this age group means that we're in Junior Primary, so there are kids in there between the ages of 3 and 8. The Church (L.D.S. Church, so my non-Mormon friends know what I'm referring to!) recently came out with a new children's song called "The Family Is Of God" that our Primary children have been learning for the upcoming Primary Program. It's such a great song, but to help you understand why I love it so much, imagine 100+ little kids singing (and some/most of them YELLING) "God gave us families...to help us become what He wants us to be! This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God." I'll have to bring a tape recorder into primary next week to record it so I can put it on here. It really makes me cry every week to hear those precious children sing that song.

Anyway, here's the information for the song if anyone wants to hear/download it. I LOVE IT!!

Here's a hint for downloading it: right click on "Download music with lyrics," then select "Save Target as" and then save it wherever you'd like on your computer. Here's the link!

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=c1d49fbc9d632210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=21bc9fbee98db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I also cry every week, so I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I'm always wiping my eyes and feeling a little embarrassed at getting so emotional every time. It's such a sweet song. Now I just need to learn all of the verses! :o)

Kelly O. said...

Looooooove this song too! Another new favorite of mine too is "I am a builder, working each day to build my family..." I just love the tune and the words ain't too bad either!

Christi said...

SERIOUSLY ... I can't believe the way Mason looks these days. He is no longer a baby ... he is a little man!!! Crazy. I want to hear how the Kenny concert was! :)

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Sorry, I can't read the post very well... but I do LOVE that pic of Mason. A-dorable!