Monday, March 23, 2009

Mason Is Two!!

I was SO excited for Mason's 2nd Birthday; I'm not sure why it was such a big deal to me, but I really went all-out for his party and it was so fun!

He turned two on Friday the 20th, so I took him to Carl's Jr. to enjoy the play place and have his favorite chicken stars. His actual Birthday party was Saturday, and it was a blast! Since his obsession lately (when I say "lately," I really mean "for the past year") has been Thomas the Tank Engine, that was the theme of the party. And (make sure you're either sitting down or holding onto something sturdy) I EVEN MADE HIS BIRTHDAY CAKE! I know - shocker! Last year I just did cupcakes because the idea of making a cake was so intimidating, but this year I really wanted to make one. So many of my Birthday memories as a child include homemade character cakes by my mom, so I want that for Mason too. Although I'm sure he won't remember his second Birthday, but that's alright!

He got lots of cool presents, including his first "bike." We actually just got him a Big Wheels so we don't have to worry about him falling off all the time. We'll get him a bike someday. Just not yet. haha He is in LOVE with his Viewfinder and his "Five Little Monkeys" book that he got too. Thanks to everyone who came and helped us make Mason feel special on his special day!













Our little family (post-party)












Mason playing "pin the 1 on Thomas"











The cake I made. It was so fun to make!











Jeff helping him to blow out the candle.












Mason pushing Ezekial on his new bike

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the cake! What a fun time!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, Sheri! That cake turned out AMAZING! You did such a great job!

Hohmann Family said...

How in the #@%$# did you do that? Did you have help? I'm not incredulous because I didn't have faith in you - I'm just jealous. I've always wanted to do stuff like that and NEVER had the know-how. I grew up with a 9x13 rectangle of a cake every year.

TheBaumanns said...

Rachel, it was actually pretty easy!! I used some of my mom's cake decorating tips (all for sale in the cake decorating section at Robert's). I made the frosting, used frosting pigment for the bold colors, then made it! The train track was made of pretzel sticks.

Christi said...

The cake looks awesome. My mom used to do the same thing for me too and I always loved it!

Jen said...

You did a great job! Happy birthday Masaon!

Robison Family said...

IMPRESSIVE! Are you sure you haven't made a cake before?!? I wish we could have made it to the party..looks like a success! What a cute mom you are. We need to get together soon!

Darci said...

Happy late birthday big guy!!! Hope to see you when you come out. Let us know.

M + D said...

Shari! How are you?! I just got your comment on my blogger website. Something had happened and I wasn't getting comments sent to me. I apologize that I couldn't do your cake back in march I think? I honestly just saw your comment today! How sad! Anyway your son is SOOO adorable. I hope things are still going great for you and your cute little family. Take Care
Morgan

Anonymous said...

want to see how far mycock will go in hispussy