Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life sure has a way

...of helping to remind you where your priorities lie (or should lie). We've had a lot of small changes here and there lately in our family, and I'm finally in a place where I'm happy and not stressed out. It's nice!

I was working as a nanny for about two and a half months. It was the ideal job because I was able to bring Mason with me each day, I got 40 hours a week, and the pay was pretty good. That family is moving to Florida though, so I don't have a full-time job anymore. Financially things will be challenging, but it will be a huge blessing for me to be able to devote more time to Mason. It was so interesting to watch him change from happy-go-lucky Mason to almost-depressed, always cranky, super whiny and sad Mason while I was nannying. I mean, going from being an only child to having to share his mommy's attention with 3 other children must have been incredibly confusing and hard for him. He's getting back to normal though since we've been home together this week, and I'm loving having my Mason back!

I was so blessed in that I found another job almost immediately. I've been hired as a seller's assistant for an antique dealer on eBay. I go to their home to take pictures, then I list things from home. It's pretty time consuming, but it's perfect because I only work out of the home about 5 hours a week (just 2 evenings) and then do the rest from home. It leaves me time to study for my Medical Transcription course still, and have plenty of time with Mason.

Speaking of Mason, here are some recent fun pictures from our last big snow storm. Mason LOVES the snow, and LOVES wearing Jeff's ski goggles even more. Oh, about the ice scraper - Mason thought he was helping Jeff shovel the driveway. He called it sweeping. So cute!





















3 comments:

Candace said...

cute pictures! I am glad you aren't stressed anymore! Good Luck!

April Leydsman Mason said...

Brrrrr... that snow makes me so cold. And look how red Masons face is. He looks so cute in those goggles.

Liz said...

So cute, what a great little helper you have.

I love your post about your "Sassy" little boy. What a character. :-)