Friday, September 12, 2008

Moving to Florida...

I thought the title would get your attention!! So this particular blog will actually serve two purposes: to fill everyone in on our move from St. George back up to the S.L.C., and to spread the news about my parents' big move to Florida!

Jeff and I moved to Saint George (4 hours south of where we lived before - in the Salt Lake Valley) in August of last year, with the intention of being here for six months while Jeff acted as the Superintendent over the construction of a Mountain America Credit Union. Well...a little over a year later the job is almost finished!! We can thank the wonderful, idiotic city inspectors for the delay, as they waited almost six months before granting a permit for work to begin on the building. On the bright side, we've made some wonderful friends, seen some beautiful sights, grown so much closer together as a couple, and saved lots of $$$. It looks (right now) like we'll be moving at the end of this month. I'll miss friends and the close proximity to Zion Nat'l Park, but man am I ever soooooooo excited to get back to our home! I have missed my friends and our families so badly, and I am so excited for Mason to really get to hang out with all his cousins all the time. Oh man, I can't wait!!!

As for the news about my parents - a few months ago my dad received word that he was being offered a pretty big promotion to be the big boss man at the U.S. Customs/Border Patrol office in Homestead, Florida. Now that Taylor (my little brother) has graduated from h.s. and is about to go on his mission, there's really nothing else that binds them to El Paso anymore, so he accepted the job. Although I'm sure they're going to miss all of their dear friends, and I'll miss being able to see my high school friends during hometown Christmas visits!!! On the bright side...IT'S FREAKIN FLORIDA!!! There are so many things to look forward to now when Jeff and I think about going to visit my parents! I'll include a few pictures in this blog so everyone can see where Homestead is, and some of the things it has to offer. Oh - they're currently down in FL house hunting, and will be moving at the end of September! Time for us to get scuba certified!!!










Here's Homestead on a map













One of the beaches I'll soon be enjoying. Someday, anyway!









2 things Florida is known for - gators and pythons












Oh - the Hulkster and Brooke Hogan live in Miami. Maybe Mom & Dad will run into them at WalMart! haha

5 comments:

Darci said...

I lived near Homestead in Kendall for 3 years. I liked it. I didn't know your dad worked for ICE. Ask him if he know Kris Line. Wow cool. They will like it.

April Leydsman Mason said...

Are you sure you guys want to move back to the snow? You are moving away at a bad time. The weather is going to start cooling down and Kylee is getting older so we won't have to be such fuddy duddies and could go out hiking with you guys. PLEASE DON'T GO!!!!

Brianne said...

moving is such a pain in the butt... have fun! haha

Amanda said...

wow! That's a BIG move! Sounds like a great job for you dad!

KJ said...

Hey Sherri! Cute blog.. I saw this off of your myspace, how are you!?