Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Toot, toot!!

So most of you know that I absolutely LOVED my mission...so much that I brought 30 pounds of Chile home with me as a keepsake!! Well, I lost most of that after I got home, but not all of it. Then I got married and had a baby...and I've never gotten back down to my pre-mission weight.

My friend Shellie has been doing a weight loss program for a few months now and has lost a good amount of weight, and looks SO HOT in her new bikini, so I asked her if she'd share her secret. She told me she was doing L.A. Weight Loss and exercising regularly, so I went to the L.A. Weight Loss center here in St. George and met with a consultant. We decided it was right for me, so I started on June 25th - making today my 8th day. I've lost 7.5 pounds!!

It's amazing what a healthy, balanced diet and exercise can do for you! I have never been a super healthy eater - I am used to having at LEAST a pack of m&m's or a candy bar every day, and I can get a little lazy with my exercise. This diet totally cuts out the crap, and makes me eat healthy. Here's what I get each day: 2 servings of protein, 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 2 starches, 1 serving of dairy, one fat (like light margerine or salad dressing), tons and tons of water, and a protein bar in between each meal. It's pretty durn easy!

So...I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but today I'm gonna toot away! TOOT, TOOT!!!

6 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Yay for eating healthy and exercising! You know I'm a fan! :)
Good for you Sheri!

Kelly O. said...

That's awesome! I started LA Weight Loss a little while back and lost a few pounds but the hardest thing for me on that diet is learning to eat three servings of vegetables (isn't it 3?) when one serving equals three cups of lettuce! I was trying my best to eat salads every day because that's the ONLY way I eat raw vegetables without feeling like I'm starving myself, but I got sick of salads after a couple weeks... let me know how you do it!!

Hohmann Family said...

I'm so impressed. If you ever don't have time for the offical gym, feel free to tag along with me to our ghetto free-bee!! You know I'll be there! You'll be amazed at how much better you feel. If you can make it through this holiday, you will succeed with more than you thought possible!

Heather said...

thats awesome! and way to go on doing it the healthy way! i can't wait to get back to exercising and normal clothes (i'm so sick of maternity stuff!) but keep it up! and the next time I see you'll be one hot mama!

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

Hey great job on the weight loss!!!

Sorry I missed your comment on my blog awhile back. But I am glad you found me.

Are you still here in St. George? I know this was kind of a temporary move but you ended up staying longer than you planned. So I wasn't sure if you were still here.

Mason is getting so grown up. I loved your story about him telling you NO NO... So funny.

So you asked me how to post a bunch of pictures in a collage. I do it on Picsa! Have you heard of it?? If not type it in online and download the free version. It is really simple and a fun way to keep your pictures organized.

Wow that was really long. Have a good one!

Leslie said...

Sheri--
Found you through Katie G's blog...
I don't even think you need to lose ANY weight, you look great! I always notice you and your trendy hair and clothes and am jealous. I seriously think you're adorable. I am also trying to lose weight. I have 14 lbs to go, lost 16 lbs since April--and all I did was not eat after dinner, try to cut all the crap out, and try to take the kids on a walk. It's amazing what a little exercise and eating a little more healthy will do huh. So then I'm thinking--o.k. why didn't I do this 4 years ago instead of feeling/being F-A-T the whole time? Well, I guess I had 3 babies in 2 1/2 years, but still. No excuse. Well anyway, this is forever long, but if you ever want to go walking, I try to take the kids in the early morning--it's so hot now! And visit my blog! --Leslie